16 May 2009

lost and found

My bag--and all of its contents--got stolen today. I am so pissed off.

My mobile phone was an old unit, so I could basically afford to lose that (I was planning to buy a new phone anyway), and I was able to have my SIM and ATM cards blocked, so those were taken care of. Thankfully, my wallet then just a bit of cash (Php 300 to 400, maybe) and that I had not withdrawn any large amounts of money.

It's a bit of a nuisance to lose small items like an office ID, lotion, hand sanitizer and a thumb drive--but what makes me so sad is to lose my iPod touch and my old bag, both of which have sentimental value to me.

The ironic thing was, I was in a rather depressed mood this morning because I couldn't find my favorite pair of earrings. I searched everywhere and even called the gym to check if I had left the earrings there, but no good came out of my frantic search around the house. They weren't the expensive type, just simple, dangly silver earrings. But I've had them for more than 3 years now, and I hated to lose the small, everyday things that were special to me.

And then when my bag got stolen today, I temporarily forgot the lost earrings and had to deal with the stress and inconvenience of losing my bag and all its contents.

When I got home tonight, empty-handed and loads unhappy (although a very good friend did keep me happy and distracted from my loss for a few hours today), I rummaged through my drawer--and found my earrings. I stared at them for a moment, and then said a quick thank-you out loud.

I think the Lord is trying to tell me that not all things are lost. And that when you've given up looking for something, it just shows up when you least expect it.

I also have to be thankful about the fact that my laptop was safe at home when this incident happened. And I'm grateful for friends who feel bad for you (and stay with you!) when you're feeling down over this material loss.

I have to say that even seeing Dr. Rien looking concerned and sympathetic in my behalf cheered me up a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment